2012 Capital Gain Distributions
Final 2012 distribution amounts for Calvert Funds are available now to inform your tax planning.
The Calvert Funds shown in the table below paid either long- or short-term capital gains distributions in 2012. Each Fund's capital gain distribution is the same across all share classes. The distribution dates are:
- Record Date: 12/5/12
- Ex-Dividend Date: 12/6/12
- Reinvestment Date: 12/6/12
- Payable Date: 12/7/12
It is important to note that favorable tax rates on long-term capital gains continue to apply in 2012.
- For individuals in tax brackets higher than 15%, the tax rate on long-term capital gain distributions remains 15%.
- For those whose tax brackets are below 15%, the tax rate on long-term capital gain distributions remains 0%.
2012 Fund Capital Gain Distributions (rounded to two decimal places, US $ per share)
Fund Name (A share ticker symbol)
|Short-Term Capital Gain*||Long-Term Capital Gain*|
|Calvert Bond Portfolio (CSIBX)||0.25||0.01|
|Calvert Capital Accumulation Fund (CCAFX)||0.00||1.85|
|Calvert Conservative Allocation (CCLAX)||0.00||0.31|
|Calvert Equity Portfolio (CSIEX)||0.00||0.06|
|Calvert Equity Income Fund (CEIAX)||0.15||0.00|
|Calvert Global Water Fund (CFWAX)||0.80||0.00|
|Calvert Government Fund (CGVAX)||0.39||0.11|
|Calvert Long-Term Income Fund (CLDAX)||0.81||0.29|
|Calvert Short Duration Income Fund (CSDAX)||0.00||0.01|
|Calvert Small Cap Fund (CCVAX)||0.00||0.54|
|Calvert Enhanced Equity Portfolio (CMIFX)||0.00||0.03|
*Short-term capital gains are treated as ordinary income and cannot be netted against any capital losses.
In late January 2013, Calvert will send shareholders Form 1099-DIV, which reports the final amount of taxable dividends and/or capital gains (over $10.00) paid on Calvert Funds. Note that, as always, short-term capital gains will be treated as ordinary income on your tax return and are subject to ordinary income-tax rates.
Note that the following Funds did not pay any 2012 capital gains:
- Calvert Aggressive Allocation Fund
- Calvert Balanced Portfolio
- Calvert Global Alternative Energy Fund
- Calvert High Yield Bond Fund
- Calvert Income Fund
- Calvert International Equity Fund
- Calvert International Opportunities Fund
- Calvert Large Cap Value Fund
- Calvert Moderate Allocation Fund
- Calvert Social Index Fund
- Calvert Tax Free Bond Fund
- Calvert Ultra-Short Income Fund
- Calvert Emerging Markets Equity Fund
For more information about capital gain distributions, please contact Calvert Client Services at 800-368-2745, your financial advisor, or a tax professional.