The Fund seeks to provide as high a level of current income as is consistent with prudent investment risk and preservation of capital through investment in bonds and other debt securities meeting the Fund's investment criteria, including financial, sustainability, and social responsibility factors.
Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in bonds. Bonds include debt securities of any maturity. At least 80% of the Fund's net assets will be invested in investment grade debt securities. The remaining 20% of Fund net assets may be in below-investment grade, high-yield debt securities. The Fund invests principally in bonds issued by U.S. corporations, the U.S. government or its agencies, and U.S. government-sponsored enterprises. The Fund may also invest in trust preferred securities, taxable municipal securities, asset-backed securities, including commercial mortgage-backed securities, repurchase agreements, and foreign debt securities. The Fund uses an active trading strategy, seeking relative value to earn incremental income. The Fund's investment process is enhanced by the Advisor's integrated investment research, which seeks to add value by complementing traditional fundamental security analysis with the Advisor's proprietary assessment of critical environmental, social and governance ("ESG") issues. The Fund seeks to apply ESG integration across sectors and holdings as part of its risk and opportunity assessment. The Fund seeks to invest in companies and other enterprises that demonstrate positive ESG performance as they address corporate responsibility and sustainability challenges.
Investment in mutual funds involves risk, including possible loss of principal invested. You could lose money on your investment in the Fund or the Fund could underperform because of the following risks: the market prices of bonds held by the Fund may fall; individual investments of the Fund may not perform as expected; and/or the Fund's portfolio management practices may not achieve the desired result. Bond funds are subject to interest rate risk and credit risk. When interest rates rise, the value of fixed-income securities will generally fall. In addition, the credit quality of the securities may deteriorate, which could lead to default or bankruptcy of the issuer where the issuer becomes unable to pay its obligations when due. Investments in high-yield, high risk bonds can involve a substantial risk of loss. An active trading style can result in higher turnover (exceeding 100%), may translate to higher transaction costs, may increase your tax liability, and may affect Fund performance. The Fund is non-diversified and may be more volatile than a diversified fund.