Why bring your career to Calvert?
Calvert has long been labeled a great place to work, not just by employees, but also by professional organizations and publications, such as Washingtonian Magazine and The Alliance for Workplace Excellence. Calvert is a company in which employees are valued for both their individual and collaborative contributions. Each employee becomes a specialist in their position and is counted on for their subject matter expertise.
Barbara J. Krumsiek, President and CEO of Calvert states, "We strive to create a positive working environment for our employees because we believe that they are the most important component of our success." Barbara has always supported Calvert’s commitment to worklife strategies, from her unending encouragement of Calvert’s continued community involvement efforts to her full support of Calvert’s sometimes unconventional employee benefits.
Our employees’ satisfaction is evidenced by employee retention, generally exceeding 90% annually and our employee tenure, averaging more than eight years of service.
What type of candidate does Calvert hire?
We seek candidates who have an entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to make a significant contribution and an ability to bring with them the skills necessary to perform the job. Each of our job postings contains a description of the job itself, along with the qualifications we look for in a successful candidate.
We believe that we can best achieve our corporate purpose and objectives by adhering to a strong set of principles. These principles are:
- Attain the highest standards of integrity with our stakeholders including the general public, and among ourselves;
- Foster a team relationship among all employees, emphasizing coordination and cooperation in the implementation of our corporate mission;
- Instill principles of strong corporate responsibility among ourselves;
- Maintain open communication to encourage a strong commitment to the implementation of corporate goals;
- Embrace participative management by acknowledging responsibility, delegating authority, measuring performance, and rewarding achievement;
- Achieve synergy within and among our member companies to add value to the enterprise and our clients;
- Commit to superior quality, service and responsiveness;
- Recognize the importance of quality human resources by supporting our employees with meaningful training, professional development, and a positive work environment.
Calvert, an Ameritas company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameritas will employ qualified individuals for specific positions based on their education, experience, and ability. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or other factors which cannot be lawfully used as the basis for an employment decision.