We are actively committed to transparency and corporate responsibility. This sense of corporate responsibility includes providing our associates with a flexible, benefit-rich, family-friendly work environment.
Benefits are an important component of a total compensation package. We offer a comprehensive, competitive and flexible benefits program—one that enables our associates to select coverage that makes the most sense for their own situation. Our flexible benefits package includes:
Our benefits are designed to allow associates to balance every important aspect of their lives. Our associates make valuable contributions to the success of our business. By recognizing and supporting the needs of our working mothers, fathers and all our associates, we are investing in our own future.
"By maintaining a work/life balance culture, we can attract and retain associates in Washington's very competitive labor market," Barbara Krumsiek, Calvert's President and CEO points out. "And I firmly believe maintaining our culture increases productivity. Our success as an organization—as measured in competitive investment results and growth in assets under management—can be linked to our commitment to fostering a work/life balance," she adds.
Through our community outreach program, Calvert Community Partners, our associates participate in a wide range of community service activities such as working in a soup kitchen; cleaning up the environment; volunteering in schools; delivering food to homebound patients, and fundraising events, to name a few. Associates receive up to 12 paid volunteer days* each year to contribute back to the communities in which they work and live. In addition to our volunteer efforts, Calvert also provides financial support for various community organizations.
Matching Associate Donations—Calvert matches associates' donations to 501(c)3 certified non profit organizations. Associates may request a matched donation of up to $500 per year.
Health and Wellness
- Choice of Health Care Programs*—including medical, prescription, dental and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts* - set aside pre-tax dollars to reimburse health care and dependent care
- Personal Protection Programs* - including life, dependent life, accident, disability, and long-term care programs
- Annual Health Fair - including health information, benefit provider attendance and various free health screenings
- Health Risk Assessments* – free, confidential screenings with a registered nurse, including standard blood work
- Health club membership reimbursement*
- Compressed work weeks, flextime and telework options
- Partially subsidized parking
- Up to 100% subsidized public transportation
- Money toward the purchase of a bicycle if you ride to work.
- Money toward the purchase of walking shoes if you come to work by foot!
- Retirement Savings Plan* - offering a 401(k) plan with a 50% match of your contributions, up to a maximum of 3% of your eligible earnings and a company quarterly contribution of 5% of your pay, regardless of whether you contribute.
- Paid Time Off* - generous time off account.
- Paid and unpaid leaves of absence, including FMLA, military, jury, funeral and adoption leaves.
- Paid parental leave* - to see school plays, chaperone a field trip, care for an ill parent, etc.
- Paid new parent leave* - two additional weeks of full pay for new parents.
- Paid holidays based on the NASDAQ holiday schedule.
- Business casual attire.
- On site massage therapy.
- Eligibility for credit union membership.
- Discount movie tickets.
Associates are granted up to $5,250 per year, at 100% reimbursement for college and university courses that are either related to their development in their current position or required to be taken in order to receive a graduate level degree*.
Licenses, Designations and Certifications
Calvert will cover the cost of any licenses, designations and/or certifications related to the success and/or requirements of a specific position. In addition, financial bonuses are offered for certain license, designation and certification completion.
NOTE - Benefits with a * are available to associates working a minimum number of hours per week