The Calvert Water Investing App Media Backgrounder
In the midst of growing concerns about climate-related drought and crumbling water infrastructure, Calvert Investments –a U.S. leader in sustainable investing – is launching the first app focused on a major natural resources investing theme – the Calvert Water Investing App.
The new Calvert Water Investing App is available on download for both Apple and Android mobile devices. Full details about the Calvert Water Investing App are available at www.calvert.com/water.
The Calvert Global Water Fund (CFWAX) was first made available to investors on September 30, 2008. Five years later, interest is growing in water as an investing opportunity. As explained in Calvert’s white paper, “Quenching the World’s Thirst for Water,” water-related infrastructure alone will require $22 trillion globally over the next two decades.
INSIDE THE APP
Geared to meet the needs of both financial advisors and individual investors, the Calvert Water Investing App will deliver instant news and analysis about the growing importance of local, regional, national, and global water challenges. The Calvert Water Investing App features five key elements:
- “The Daily Drip” – a roundup of weekly news about water-related issues of interest to investors and financial advisors.
- “Play” – allows users to “submerge” and interact with their own photos.
- “Learn” – the place to get up to speed on the facts about global water challenges, environmental impacts and view a short water film.
- “Views” – expert commentary and analysis from Calvert on key water issues, including daily tweets from Calvert water analysts.
- “Invest” – facts and performance updates about the Calvert Global Water Fund and the portfolio management team.
WHY A WATER APP NOW?
Strong interest among financial advisers and investors is expected in the Calvert Water Investing App, which is being launched at a time when:
- The water crisis is here and it is real. As demand surges and infrastructure deteriorates, shortages are having a significant global impact on drinking water, agriculture, and industry.
- Major water investments will be needed. With growing climate challenges and massive unmet water infrastructure needs, the demand for water-related solutions is ongoing and independent of market cycles, which creates the potential for above- average growth potential for the long term.
- New water solutions mean more opportunities for investors. Companies worldwide are responding with new products, services, and technologies designed to source, purify, transport, and use water more efficiently.
- A fund with a solid track record. The Calvert / Global Water Fund has delivered attractive, risk-adjusted returns for nearly five years by investing in companies across the water spectrum and around the world.
- Calvert is a leader in sustainable investing. Calvert is widely recognized for its role in the world of sustainable investing in the United States, and has been responsible for many of the major innovations and advances in the world of sustainable and responsible investing.
Calvert principals and fund managers are available to answer media questions about the Calvert Water Investing App and the company’s innovative campaign to engage financial advisors and consumers through interactive and social media platforms.
Resources available to members of the news media include the following:
Visit the Calvert Water Investing microsite and learn more about the water app and read the white paper here .
Learn more about the Calvert Global Water Fund, see the performance, expenses and analysis here.
ABOUT CALVERT INVESTMENTS
Calvert Investments is the leading investment management company using sustainability as a platform to create value for investors. Serving financial advisors and their clients, retirement plans and insurance carriers, and institutional investors, the company offers a broad array of equity, bond, and asset allocation strategies, featuring integrated environmental, social, and governance (ESG) research and corporate engagement. Strategies are available through mutual funds, sub-advisory services, and separate account management. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Calvert Investments had more than $12 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2013. www.Calvert.com
Investment in mutual funds involves risk, including possible loss of principal invested. By concentrating its investments in the water sector, the Fund is subject to the risk that a downturn in the water-related sector would impact the Fund more than a fund that does not concentrate in this industry, and the Fund therefore may be more volatile than a typical mutual fund. In addition, foreign investments generally involve greater risks than U.S. investments, including political and economic risks and the risk of currency fluctuations.
For more information on any Calvert fund, please contact Calvert at 800.368.2748 for a free summary prospectus and/or prospectus. An institutional investor should call Calvert at 800.327.2109. An investor should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of an investment carefully before investing. The summary prospectus and prospectus contain this and other information. Read them carefully before you invest or send money. Not all funds available at all firms.
Calvert mutual funds are underwritten and distributed by Calvert Investment Distributors, Inc., member FINRA, and subsidiary of Calvert Investments, Inc.